A Little Bit About US
Fulford Pre-School has been part of the community for over 30 years and is a Registered Charity (No.1171257). We are registered with Ofsted as a Day Care provider and are insured for 26 children. We are also members of the Pre-School Learning Alliance (PLA).
The Pre-School is situated in St Oswalds C of E Primary School, although we remain independent from the school. Term-time sessions are available for all children from 2 to 5 years old.
Holiday club is also available to children up to the age of 5.
Fulford Pre-School aims to enhance the individual child’s development through play, in partnership with parents/carers, to create an effective learning environment for all children in a safe, happy and stimulating day care setting.
In order to achieve this we will:
- Provide a safe, healthy, stimulating and caring environment where children can learn through play and where all their developmental needs are met
- Promote caring attitudes, tolerance and respect for others and for special educational needs.
- Treat children with respect and as an individual to build their self-confidence and independence.
- Promote learning in the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
- Develop a successful and active partnership between parents and the Pre-School, supported by an elected committee.
- Clear all staff with the Criminal Records Bureau.
- Support our staff through our staff development programmes.
The Pre-School is inspected by Ofsted and copies of their reports are available for parents/carers to read at: www.ofsted.gov.uk/reports/.
Our most recent inspection was in September 2019.
The preschool was inspected under the new, more stringent inspection framework, which came into effect in September 2019.
This new framework now has only four levels: Outstanding, Good, Requires Improvement and Inadequate. The requirements at each level have been raised, so to achieve “Good” during our latest inspection demonstrates that we are performing at a significantly higher standard than in previous inspections. This has been achieved through a huge team effort on the part of all the staff, the committee, the children who attend preschool and their parents.
In 2017, Fulford Pre School changed status to become a CIO (Charitable Incorporated Organisation). This means our OFSTED unique reference number changed.
Where Are We?
Fulford Pre School is situated in the same building as St Oswald’s Primary School.
You’ll find the entrance to the right hand side of the school, please press the buzzer and one of our members of staff will let you in! The Pre-School is at the back of the School.